Ascension Living Carroll Manor Celebrates Eight Centenarians
December 6, 2021 – Ascension Living Carroll Manor, a skilled nursing facility located at 725 Buchanan Street in Washington DC, honored eight residents who are celebrating major birthday milestones during a Centenarian High Tea Party on Dec. 2. Together, these nine women bring more than 800 years of sensibility, love and insight to the skilled nursing community. Emily Lucio, Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner, and Kenyan McDuffie, Ward 5 Councilmember, presented certificates to each centurion in attendance. In turn, the centenarians shared these words of wisdom:
- Annie Barnes, 102, says “Be nice and God will take care of you and bring you far. Thank God for your time.”
- Vivian Johnson, 106, says “As long as I have a good cup of coffee and a doughnut, I am fine. Enjoy what means the most to you.”
- Helen High, 102, says “Stay happy.”
- Concetta Landini, 105, says “Give thanks.”
- Cora Miller, 101, says “Dance a lot, move a lot, and love a lot.”
- Fannie Shorter, 100, says “Love the Lord, trust in God and be kind to others. Live a clean life, work hard, do your job and do what you can to help people in need.”
- Anna P. Smith, 100, says “Love everybody, treat everyone well and God will take care of you. Having a family is a blessing!”
- Corrine Whoie, 100, says “Take life as it comes! Don't worry about what you can't change.”
To learn more about Ascension Living Carroll Manor, visit ascensionliving.org/carrollmanor.
Ascension Living Carroll Manor staff and community leaders celebrated eight centurions, front row, seated, left to right, Concetta Landini, Anna Smith, Vivian Johnson, Helen High, Annie Barnes, and Corrine Whoie. Back row, standing, left to right: Neighborhood advisory commissioner Emily Lucio, Councilman McDuffie, Lionel Taylor, Assistant Administrator, Ascension Living Carroll Manor, Lakesha McAllister, Executive Director, Ascension Living Carroll Manor, and Victoria Banks, Activities Assistant, Ascension Living Carroll Manor.
# # #
About Ascension Living Carroll Manor
Ascension Living Carroll Manor offers a range of care, services and support options including short-term rehabilitation as well as intermediate, respite and skilled nursing care. more information about Ascension Living Carroll Manor, call 202-854-7100 or visit www.ascensionliving.org.
Ascension (www.ascension.org) is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2021, Ascension provided $2.3 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 142 hospitals and more than 40 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.