Mission and values
Rooted in the loving ministry of Jesus as healer, we commit ourselves to serving all persons with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually-centered holistic care that sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We’re advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words.
We envision a strong Catholic health ministry in the United States, which will lead to the transformation of health care. We’ll ensure service that is committed to health and well-being for our communities and that responds to the needs of individuals throughout the life cycle. We’ll expand the role of laity, in both leadership and sponsorship, to ensure a Catholic health ministry of the future.
- Service of the poor: Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence: Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity: Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom: Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity: Courageous innovation
- Dedication: Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Learn more about Ascension Living communities and services
We’ve only begun to tell you our community, services and residents’ stories. There’s much more to Ascension Living, and what you and your family may want to understand about:
- Our residences and accommodations
- Our inclusive and innovative culture
- Our local community presence and national network leverage
- Our professional, compassionate, devoted caregivers