Based on their guidance, we have been proactively implementing precautions that reduce the risk of exposure and possible spread to others. This includes advanced efforts to monitor residents’ health and identify symptoms and detect regional trends in the growth of COVID-19 cases. In short, our focus is on reducing the spread of COVID-19.
Our precautionary actions
- Put in place visitation restrictions designed to help protect our residents, associates and families.
- Conducted proactive tests in our skilled nursing and assisted living communities to identify asymptomatic residents and prevent negative outcomes.
- Implemented comprehensive screening of all who enter our community.
- Applied social-distancing measures.
- Required all associates and clinical partners to wear a face mask when working within our communities.
- Regularly conducted stringent deep cleaning that follow our updated processes.
- Obtained resident and associate baseline to monitor for signs or symptoms of infection.
We made all these changes to reduce the potential for exposure to COVID-19 while a resident receives care unrelated to the disease.
Our protections for residents after discovering a COVID-19 issue
In our skilled nursing facilities, residents:
- With positive tests or who are symptomatic are cohorted and isolated in a designated unit and treated in accordance with guidance from the CDC.
- In isolation are cared for by designated, specially trained healthcare personnel who do not interact with other residents or units within the community.
- Who do not have symptoms related to COVID-19 or tested negative are treated in a separate part of the building and are cared for by a different designated team to mitigate any possible exposure to COVID-19.
- May visit with their families using video-calling tools to combat loneliness and anxiety.
Our staff requirements
We have mandated that:
- Any staff member who tests positive will adhere to established infection-control protocols with guidance from the CDC and will remain off work until cleared by Occupational Health or their personal medical provider.
- Every staff member follows our protocols and is fully dressed in appropriate personal protective equipment at all times in our community.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources