Eligibility and How to Enroll
What is the cost?What you pay for PACE Michigan depends on your financial situation. Participants enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid, or just Medicaid alone, have no copayments or deductibles for anything within their care plan. We can assist with new Medicaid applications. With Medicare alone, there is a cost-sharing option.
Who is Eligible?To enroll in PACE Michigan, individuals must be:
- Age 55 or older
- Living within our PACE Michigan service area
- Certified as meeting Michigan criteria for nursing home level of care
- Able to live safely in community with the support of PACE Michigan
What is PACE Michigan’s service area?Ascension Living PACE Michigan serves:
- All of Genesee County zip codes
- Lapeer County zip codes except 48435 and 48744
- Shiawassee County zip codes 48414, 48418, 48429, 48433, 48436, 48476 and 48857
- Livingston County zip codes 48418, 48430, 48442, 48451, 48816 and 48855
- Tuscola County zip codes 48420, 48464, 48727 and 48760
PACE ResourcesFor additional information about PACE:
Please note:Ascension Living PACE Michigan was designated by the State of Michigan as the exclusive PACE provider for the area we service. All PACE services are furnished through Ascension Living PACE Michigan. Other than emergency services, participants may be responsible for costs of unauthorized or out-of-network services per PACE program agreement.
Information and Policies
PACE participants must be “55 or better,” live in our service area, meeting level of care requirements (struggling physically, with their memory or an unstable health condition) as defined by Michigan guidelines and live safely in their home with PACE services.
Ascension Living PACE Michigan is funded by Medicare, Medicaid and a private pay option (if someone is not eligible for Medicaid. As a Medicaid recipient, there is no co-payment or deductibles for services in a PACE Plan of Care.
Ascension Living PACE Michigan was designated by the State of Michigan as the exclusive PACE provider for their service area. All PACE services are furnished through Ascension Living PACE Michigan. Other than emergency services, participants may be responsible for costs of unauthorized or out-of-network services per PACE program agreement.
Rights and Responsibilities
- View the Ascension Living PACE Michigan Participant and Caregiver Rights.
- View the Ascension Living PACE Michigan Disenrollment Policy and Procedure.
Grievances and Appeals
- View the Ascension Living PACE Michigan Grievances and Appeals Process.
- Ascension Living PACE Michigan Grievance Form.
Use CMS1696 Form to appoint an individual to act as your representative.
Appoint a Representative
A Pace Michigan team member is ready to answer your questions and provide further information on:
- Primary medical care
- Home care
- Therapy services
- Medication management
- Nutrition counseling
- Social services
- Medical supplies
- Leisure and social activities